I am a Ph.D. student at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign advised by Prof. Chandra Chekuri. I previously did my undergrad at Jadavpur University, and got my Master's degree from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi under the supervision of Prof. Amit Kumar.
My research interest broadly lies in the area of Algorithms and Theory, with a primary focus on:
- Approximation Algorithms
- Submodular Optimization
- Clustering Algorithms
- Big Data and Streaming Algorithms
Here is a copy of my CV.
Local Search Methods for k-Means with Outliers
(with Ravi Kumar, Kefu Lu, Benjamin Moseley, and Sergei Vassilvitskii).
To appear in International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB), 2017
Optimal Real-Time Bidding Under Uncertainty
(with Neha Gupta, and Eyal Amir)
Fast and Accurate Kmeans Clustering with Outliers
Presented at ODD 4.0: Outlier Definition, Detection, and Description
on Demand, SIGKDD Workshop, 2016
Streaming Algorithms for Submodular Function Maximization
(with Chandra Chekuri, and Kent Quanrud).
Extended abstract in International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP), 2015
Fast Compaction Algorithms for NoSQL Databases
(with Mainak Ghosh, Indranil Gupta, and Nirman Kumar).
Extended abstract in International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), 2015
Improved Algorithms for Resource Allocation Under Varying Capacity
(with Venkatesan T. Chakaravarthy, Anamitra R. Choudhury, Sambuddha Roy, and Yogish Sabharwal).
To appear in Journal of Scheduling
Extended abstract in European Symposium on Algorithms (ESA), 2014
Centrality of Trees for Capacitated k-Center
(with Hyung-Chan An, Aditya Bhaskara, Chandra Chekuri, Vivek Madan, and Ola Svensson).
Mathematical Programming Series B, 154(1-2), pages 29 - 53, 2015.
Extended abstract in Integer Programming and Combinatorial Optimization (IPCO), 2014
Note: The main result in this paper was obtained independently
by two groups: An, Bhaskara and Svensson, and the
rest of us at UIUC.
Approximation Algorithms for the Partition Vertex Cover Problem
(with Suman K. Bera, Amit Kumar, and Sambuddha Roy).
Theoretical Computer Science, Vol 555, pages 2 - 8, 2014
Extended abstract in Workshop on Algorithms and Computation (WALCOM), 2013
Approximation Algorithms for Partitioned Partial Covering Problems
Master's Thesis, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, 2012
- Combinatorial Optimization [Fall 2015]
- Algorithms for Big Data [Fall 2014]
- Randomized Algorithms [Spring 2014]
- Approximation Algorithms [Fall 2013]
- Machine Learning and Natural Language [Spring 2013]
- Extremal Graph Theory [Spring 2013]
- Computational Complexity [Fall 2012]
- Graduate Algorithms [Fall 2012]
- UIUC Computer Science Graduate Student Academic Council (CSGAC) member
- Paper Reviewer for:
- Conferences - STACS 2015, SODA 2016
- Journals - Theoretical Computer Science, Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, Journal of Scheduling
- UIUC Graduate Admissions (FAA) reviewer, 2014, 2015
- Sun Microsystems Campus Ambassador, Jadavpur University, 2007
- I am a travel enthusiast and love experimenting with local cuisine. If I was not a Computer Scientist, I would probably love to do Anthony Bourdain's job in Parts Unknown.
- I dabble at photography, when I get time. Some of my photos on flickr.